The following resources may be of particular interest to adults who read braille. To see all our UEB resources please visit our expanded UEB page at http://www.brailleauthority.org/ueb.html.
Click on the following links for more information on each topic. All materials produced by BANA have been approved by the BANA Board. Materials listed here from other sources are provided for your information and convenience. Inclusion on this website does not indicate BANA's endorsement.
- Overview of Changes from Current Literary Braille to UEB — File types: HTML, PDF, and BRF
- ABCs of Braille — File types: HTML, PDF, BRF, and BRF for downloading
- CNIB Transcriber's UEB Course — The CNIB offers a course for Canadians wishing to become UEB transcribers. The files for the self-paced course are available online. File types: Word, print PDF, BRF, and DXB. Course information may be found at http://www.cnib.ca/en/living/braille/Pages/Braille-Courses.aspx
- NLS List of Frequently Used UEB Symbols — NLS will begin producing books and magazines in UEB in 2016. NLS has provided this list of new symbols that are frequently used. File types: PDF and BRF
- The Hadley Institute for the Blind and Visually Impaired UEB Courses — Information available at http://hadley.edu/UEBTransition.asp
- Explore Sample Documents in UEB — Example Documents in UEB