Volume L June 2012 No. 10
Published by the American Council of the Blind
The American Council of the Blind strives to increase the independence, security, equality of opportunity, and to improve quality of life for all blind and visually impaired people.
Mitch Pomerantz, President
Melanie Brunson, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
2200 Wilson Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22201
fax: (703) 465-5085
Web site: http://www.acb.org
THE BRAILLE FORUM (TM) is available in braille, large print, half-speed four-track cassette tape, data CD, and via e-mail. Subscription requests, address changes, and items intended for publication should be sent to Sharon Lovering at the address above, or via e-mail to email@example.com.
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at the number listed above.
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB via the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the "Washington Connection" toll-free at (800) 424-8666, 5 p.m. to midnight Eastern time, or read it online.
Copyright 2012 American Council of the Blind
All content made available in publications, in any media on any web site domains administered by ACB, or as a broadcast or podcast on ACB Radio, archived or not, is considered to be the property of the American Council of the Blind. Those responsible for creative content may allow their materials to appear elsewhere with prior notification to the ACB national office and with appropriate attribution.
Table of Contents
- President's Message: Discovering Madrid, ACB Style by Mitch Pomerantz
- It's Your Convention: Join Us In Louisville! by Janet Dickelman
- BOP Goes Full Steam Ahead With 2012 Candidates Page
- Get Fit And Have Fun At The Annual ACB WALK/RUN! by Rebecca Bridges
- EXTRA, EXTRA! Convention Newspaper Now Seeking Volunteers
- Fabulous Florida And Georgia Vacation Packages Just A Bid Away!
- You Could Win A Bookport Plus Or Other Great Prizes! by Ron Milliman
- Committee News
- One Book, One ACB by Marcia Dresser
- Affiliate News
- How To Obtain 501(C)(3) Tax-Exempt Status For Your ACB Affiliate Or Chapter, Part 1 by Ron Milliman
- One Touch: New Self-Defense Program Trains Blind Instructors by Jim Pilkington
- Letters To The Editor
- Here And There edited by Sue Lichtenfels
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, Board of Directors and Board of Publications
FORUM SUBSCRIPTION NOTES
To subscribe to "The Braille Forum" via e-mail, go to www.acblists.org/mailman/listinfo/brailleforum-L.
ARE YOU MOVING? DO YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOUR SUBSCRIPTION?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. Give her the information, and she'll take care of the changes for you.
ACB Radio Mainstream has blindness-related news you can use at www.acbradio.org/mainstream.
Got talent? Tell us about you! Send an e-mail to email@example.com.